Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hard to Love...

It's about to get MUSHY up in herrr.....
There are A LOT of days that I take my husband for granted.... 

Some Common Complaints/Comments I find myself making:
Why does he call me sixty times a day?!
Why does it matter if the bed is made before we are about to sleep in it!?
Yes, ADAM I took my vitamins!
Ok, ADAM I'll pick up my clothes! 
Why doesn't he ask me to iron his clothes?! Does he not think I do it right?!
He doesn't hug me enough, kiss me enough, show me affection, send me flowers, blah blah blah blah!

And then something will happen... like today... when I talk to a friend who is into an argument with their spouse... and I instantly become so thankful for mine......

I'm thankful:
that he text me every morning and says, "good morning I love you, have a good day"
that EVERY single time we hang up the phone he says, "bye I love you"... even if we have just argued....
that even though it seems like he calls me A LOT.....that he calls... and sometimes... it's just to talk....
that he makes sure I take my prenatals and vitamin D before bed.... 
that even though the kiss may not be some long drawn out passionate ordeal... he still kisses me every night before bed... sometimes he even wakes me up to kiss me... (like last night, and I was irritated because I was so sleepy)...
that every Sunday and Wednesday he makes sure my butt is in a church pew.... even when I'd rather sleep in, or go do something else....
that he chooses to iron his own clothes/do his own laundry.... because he knows I'm tired and he doesn't want to bother me.... 
that he works hard and even coaches nine months out of the year to provide for our family...
that I can see the joy in his eyes when our son says "da da".... 
that at night he lays with his hand on my belly, just hoping to be able to feel baby girl move a little....

There is so much more that I am thankful for, when it comes to my husband.... And I'm sure if a lot of us would take the time, we would realize how truly blessed we are... We have had our ups and downs... we have even had to find our way back to eachother... but at the end of the day what matters most... is that....
.your husband is your best friend.
.you have eachother's back.... no matter what.
.you respect one another.
. hold no grudges, it should be about who can say the're sorry the fastest.
.that I look at him the same today as I did seven years ago, with that same passion.
.that I look at him with more LOVE today than I did seven years ago.
And most importantly that he loves me as much as he loves GOD.... and because of that greater Love, everything else will fall in place.








No comments:

Post a Comment