Monday, January 28, 2013

Get OVER your-selfies! Selfie 101

Some people take the "i love me, some me" idea to the extreme!
Can I just say I am over the selfies! Can I just say nobody cares! Can I just say your outifts, hair, tongue, boobs, aviators in your car, and anything else you feel the need to show me three to four times a day is TOO MUCH!
Can I get an AMEN! 

So I decided to help all of you out, those who are doing it wrong... and show you where you may be getting confused.... and hopefully put an end to this ridiculous selfie era I am repeatedly being exposed to!

Please note: I took some candid shots of myself (i know ironic) so as not to embarrass any of my facebook friends who may be committing these heinous acts. and i just used some random google shots (again, don't want to embarrass anyone I really know)... 

POINT 1: 
So here is the thing... the whole point of a "selfie" is to show everyone yourself... clearly you are proud of the way you look, right?  So why in the HE(double L) do you feel the need to find a bathroom (where you are alone), get in front of the mirror, catch your reflection, pose, and take a snap shot, then post "ready for the day don't I look cute"...
 If you thought you were so dang cute why didn't you find a human and say "hey i'm looking mighty fine today care to take my photo so I can show everybody".... oh that's right because THAT'S EMBARRASSING!
Point number 2:
 If you are willing to endanger the safety of others while going down the road.... and or have others stare at you while posing at a redlight.....just to show us what you look like while going down the road... you should probably "check yo-selfie, before you wreck yo-selfie"....literally...

Point number 3:
This pretty much sums up anything else that needs to be said....
This is what photos of the beach and a puppy look like:
  
NOT:
 
This is your puppy and YOURSELF! So stop posting pictures that say "little fee fee is sleepy"... 

This is a self photo of your legs... not the ocean! So stop saying "isn't the beach beautiful"...

I'm happy I could help all of you confused selfies out there... maybe from now on you'll grace us with some better photos of the things truly going on around you and not just, well... you.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment