Thursday, November 15, 2012

Today I remember....

I just had to do this tribute today to a very special person.... many of you following me won't know this man, which is a shame, because he was one of the best souls you would ever meet.  When I knew him, I never knew him as my father in law, or my son's papaw, I just knew him as my boyfriend's dad....So, as you can tell from my previous statement time has passed since I met this man and many things have changed since he has been gone.  His son has become my husband, we have moved into a beautiful home together, we have had a child... and while all of these things are wonderful milestones in someone's life; these are all a little bittersweet because we are unable to share them with a man we loved so dearly.... About 8 years ago Ray was diagnosed with cancer.  He fought a long hard battle and on November 15, 2009, Ray went to meet our Father, and became the most magnificent angel, forever free from all pain.  So I wanted to share with all of you what made this man so special to me and what makes him so dear to each of us, even today when all we have left are the memories, and the comfort that he is with our Father in heaven.  Please enjoy this little glimpse of him....  

This is Ray Tallent.
 This is his beautiful family:

 These are some songs he used to sing:

He used to have the FUNNIEST jokes and was always telling one!  He always had candy for kids at church.  He would get on eating kicks and eat the same thing for days.  He was an avid gun and knife trader.  He would always go to the flea market to sell axes, guns, knives and anything else... He was part of the Good Ole Boys... He loved to go have breakfast; any time we would go on vacation we had to have breakfast... He loved to watch sports with Adam... It's funny now that I look back there was probably a few times he's the only one that truly believed in Adam and I...He had this way of making you feel like you had your own special bond with him (even if you really weren't that close).
He was always sweet to me. 
He was always sweet to everybody.

I know this will be a lot of photos but this is a tribute right....












And while there have been several things he hasn't got to see in person....


We know that he was there with us in spirit.... 
Always in our hearts forever.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.  
~From a headstone in Ireland
 

No comments:

Post a Comment