Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Tuesday Blurb

Sorry that I have been MIA so far this week!  I haven't done a weekend recap, let anyone know who I'm voting for, or said anything at all! So I'm going to try and do a quick rundown!

WEEKEND:
My weekend was totally awesome! My husband who had been gone to Canada hunting for 10 days finally came in late Saturday night.  Full grown hunter's beard!  My son gave him this total "Who the heck are you" look and then burst into laughter when he realized it was daddy; basically flinging himself out of my arms and into his... it was at this moment I realized what an incredibly blessed wife/mother I am.  So, needless to say we spent the entire Sunday being lazy and enjoying each others company.... 

THE VOTE:
Regardless of the facts that I have clearly been bombarded and had my newsfeed blown up with political views (it is astonishing how many people think they will change your views via facebook).  I've watched the debates.  I've seen the commercials. I just cannot for the life of me go to the poles and Vote with a clear conscious.  I've been praying about this election, praying for our country, praying for the candidates, and more than anything praying for the voters to look at the issues that matter, make a Godly decision, and not just base our votes off of party affiliation but off of what is really right.  I heard someone tell me that they felt Romney was the way to go but because they were Democrat thru and thru they'd be voting for Obama... Do what? make an educated choice....make a Godly choice... 

MY WEEK SO FAR...
This week has been a crazy and overwhelming one... it actually all started last Thursday.  I'm not going to elaborate right now but I will say, at exactly the right moment a window will open, a breeze of fresh air will blow through, and God will show you a light and some encouragement..... at just the right time on Monday morning I received a card with this message:
Front: "I don't have to figure out why or how or when.  God has a plan, and I'm committed to it.   That commitment frees me from having to worry about the details. -Barbara Johnson" 
Inside: "Praying God reminds you of His loving care in every part of your life today.  You're so special to him"
And a Note:  Titus tells the older women to "encourage" younger women to love their husbands, and children.  Today I want to encourage you!  Through all the rough days ahead, I will be lifting you, Adam & Cray up to the Throne of Grace.  As part of my "encouragement" here's a gift for you to take the 3 of you out to dinner! - Patti
P.s Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you.  1Peter 5:7 NCV

So my weekly advice, surround yourself with Godly women and friends; they seem to be so in tune when you need them, and God will always provide the words when you need to be lifted up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment