Wednesday, February 13, 2013

You wouldn't think you'd need this.... but you will... for all my moms to be.


 

Two of my best friends have been expecting baby boys!  My friend Sarah was due February 5th so her little bundle has just arrived.... weighing in at 9lbs 8oz. 21 inches long! YOWZA!  We went and visited Mr. Brentley Knox Holbrooks and he is such a doll!

So anyway... my other friend Annie is due March 9! and she emailed me the other day asking what all I had taken to the hospital, what I wish I would have taken, and what she should have on hand at home.... So, after looking back on the horror film that was giving birth... I came up with this response to her (take heed to my warnings moms to be... take heed).

So for the hospital I took:
Clothes for me for two days (sweat pants, tshirts, loose fitting,) you will be wearing those whale diapers after labor for about 4-6 days so you want something that is not only going to be comfortable, but you kinda want to hide that giant pad you'll be toting around :) You also want to make sure to pick shirts that are easy to maneuver in for breast feeding (make sure to pack nursing cami's and nursing bras.  Better get you some BIG comfy underwear or those boxer briefs for girls (i'm telling you those pads they make you wear are HUGE).  Or you can just steal a few pairs of those big mesh panty/short things they give you.... your choice.
Slippers!
Boppy (i didn't take this but wish I would have).
Your own shampoo, body wash, wash cloth, towels, toothbrush, deodarant, hairbrush, hairbows etc.  (I forgot shampoo and wash and had to use the hospitals and it SUCKS! it's like hotel stuff but worse!... more like sandpaper).
For Baby I packed, clothes, diapers, burp cloths, receiving blankets, and a cute take home outfit.  They bathe baby by sponge there so you wont' have to worry about bathing stuff for him until you get home. 

Somethings you will want on hand at home, that you may already not have.  I had none of this and constantly had people running stuff over to me.  Antiseptic spray and a water bottle.  They sent one home with me thank God, you'll see why, and they will explain all that to you.  But the antiseptic they send you home with isn't enough, trust me! And you need to get the kind that looks like it's in an aerosol can, this shit is AMAZING that cooling sensation just can't be beat :)
You'll need thinner but still what we would consider HUGE pads... the whale pads can go after a few days at home but you'll still be scary down there, and need some of those on hand.
Tylenol
And Vaseline (you'll need this for little man's circumcision spot, if you're doing that, if not disregard this note). And QTIPS.

That's kind of all I can think of for now.... If I come up with anything else I'll let you know.  Or if you just need anyone to terrify you any more just see me... :)

1 comment:

  1. a great list!!! My daughter is due anyway with her first baby and our first grandchild...an exciting time for all of us. Hope she packed all that stuff!!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete