Thursday, February 7, 2013

Music Problems...

So for the most part I'm a country girl... growing up in the mountains of Western North Carolina your whole life, how can you not love country music?  Who doesn't love them some Tim McGraw and Luke Bryan (in the words of Brett Michaels... HI-YOOOO)?.... Now, hold up a second before you get all "what a redneck on me".... I LOVE all kinds of music... you should see my pandora lineup! 

Anyways.... there have been a couple songs come out lately that I just cannot, for the life of me, understand why in the hell anyone would listen to them.... 

take this tune for instance:
 
Here is what they are saying for the most part... just in case you couldn't catch it from the fantastic video....All I can say is WTF, WTF, WTF??
Sam and the Womp - Bom Bom
I'm the cat with the bass and drum, going 'round like Bom Bom Bom!  
What's grooving? I'm moving. 
I like your style of Womping! How charming! 
Just a rapper - load him up and eat that snapper!  
I want 16 pints of rum and then I go Bom Bom!  
Going up in the dark of the night and so I go ooh ah ah ah ah. 
I... I've brought a pie in my pocket, pie in my pocket, an eye in my socket.  
[I've] got life, [I've] got style, [I've] got nothing on my mind. 
I'm so cool, I'm so groovy, when I go Bom Bom Bom!

I just have a few questions and thoughts... 
-what is womping? and why is it charming?
-I hope a snapper isn't what I think it is.....
-why is she toting a pie in her pocket... and i'm glad she left her eye in her socket (that would make her more freaky than she is already)
-And I suppose so long as they've got life and style nothing else matters which is a plus because I'm pretty sure.... if nothing else... they've got issues....  

Any thoughts or input would be fantastic... if you like the song don't bother commenting we can no longer be friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment