Thursday, July 9, 2015

She is 2

 Two years ago, I was wondering why my baby girl was being so stubborn.  Why was she not coming out! I was miserable.  I mean surely since I had just had a kid 14 months ago I would have went into labor with her a little early!
I was two days past my due date.   They scheduled me to be induced on July 8th 2013.  I was to be at the hospital at 7am.  I got there, got checked in, and was about to be hooked up to Pitocin when the dr. came in for one last check to see how dilated I was.  "Something isn't right" she said, "I really want to get an ultrasound tech in here for a second opinion".  The ultrasound tech came in and confirmed what my dr feared.  Palmer had flipped completely around and was totally breach.  At this point it was dangerous for her and dangerous for me, so the dr decided on an emergency C-section.  I was terrified.  Adam was terrified.  We prayed.
Within a little bit they started prepping me for surgery.  Once to procedure started she was into the world in 2-3 minutes.  I didn't get to hold her right away, instead her daddy got to spend her first precious moments with her... .but once I finally did get to her, we locked eyes and from that moment I was smitten.
This little girl brings so much joy into my life.  She is a momma's girl, but she has her daddy wrapped.   She adores her brother and they are the best of friends. She loves to sing and dance.  Books are her favorite.  She's light as a feather and tough as nails.  She's OH SO BEAUTIFUL!  Her eyes melt my heart.   
Happy Birthday Palmer McCall I love you more than you could ever begin to understand.
We spent her day going to the aquarium, eating lunch, doing a little shopping, a train ride, and ending the day with cake and a new frozen mobile.  Watching her grow is truly perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment