Wednesday, December 5, 2012

We are not handy...


 It's been about a year since we moved into our new home!  And we have been doing a lot of work as we go along.  This home was such a blessing to us! A HUGE Blessing! For Christmas Adam got me new appliances... can you say husband of the year.... 
That being said I wanted to share with you what our kitchen looked like when we first moved in and what it looks like now.
So here is the before: 

 
Yes those counter tops are Christmas tree green, the back splash is apples! The cabinets and floors are gorgeous; but needless to say the countertops and apples had to go, and those light fixtures..... oh my.  There was nothing in the world wrong with the appliances, they came with the house, again HUGE blessing! But over time I grew to HATE my refrigerator! Side-by-side stinks! I couldn't fit anything in there! So my sweet hubby got tired of hearing me complain and he talked me into new stuff... I'm a tight wad so it took eight months worth of pondering and looking before we decided to take the new appliance plunge.  But yesterday they arrived! 

Beautiful stainless FINGER-PRINT-LESS steel! AHHHH! 
Then came putting them in their respective places; which, if you have ever been around my husband and I while doing a project you know it ALWAYS ends in an argument.... So, after a few huffs, puffs, and eye rolls.... we got everything in! 

I don't know why these freaking pictures keep refusing to rotate even after I save them but anyways... turn your head to the side and see the changes! New rock back splash was completed about last spring, the new counter tops were completed a few months after moving in as were the lights... and now the AMAZING appliances have completed this beautiful kitchen.  I have to give a shout out to my girl Jenn over at Sweet Life of a Southern Wife because her awesome husband L.T hooked us up through his appliance store, Macon Appliance! So if you need anything go see L.T he's the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment